Friday, July 15, 2011
One man's trash is another man's treasure....sometimes
So, last summer I had a yard sale and it was a total flop. I mean, for starters I picked one of the hottest Saturday's of the summer to have my yard sale and on top of that, I only sold about 1/3 of my merchandise and ended up having to make a trip to Goodwill when I was done. I promised myself then, no more yard sales for me. Guess my memory didn't serve me so well because I decided to do yet another yard sale this summer. And why oh why did I not wait until fall? Not really sure about that one. So today I woke up at 4:30 am, got ready and made my way to my friend's house where we were having our sale. We sat out in the 100 degree weather until about 1:00 pm and I made a total of ......$19.00!!!!! And, on top of all that, I am going to get up and do it again in the morning. Who knows- maybe the second day of the sale is going to be the lucrative day for me. Doubtful, I am sure it will probably just lead to another trip to Goodwill. There was one positive to the yard sale-this year I was able to use my time catching up with some great friends that I have not seen in a long time. It was so nice being able to sit and chat and make up for lost time! It made up for all my wasted time and efforts in the yard sale scope of things. But one thing is for sure, next time we will catch up over dinner in the air conditioner and there will be no more yard sales for me!!!! (Someone please remind me of that next summer when I decide I will try again!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment