Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Have you forgotten everything I have taught you, child??

I can't remember the last time the girls and I have had a bad day. They are at a really fun age and things run pretty smoothly around here. That is, except yesterday. Yesterday...the neverending day that was rough from breakfast until bedtime! Of course, some of this was pretty poor planning on my part. Sunday night Jeremy, me and the girls stayed up late after church and watched a movie. I learned quickly on Monday that 10:00 bedtime doesn't suit Taylor too well. Monday morning we had plans to meet Grandma and go pick out paint colors for her dining room and kitchen and to go get Allie a few things for school and have lunch. From the get-go I could tell Taylor wasn't going to have a good day. Halfway through our day I began to wonder if Taylor had forgotten everything I had ever taught her. It certainly seemed like a distant memory. And, just to add to the excitment of the day, I had to get groceries. Grocery shopping with a grumpy 2 year old is never fun! And...Jeremy did not get home from work until 9:00. Oh well, days like yesterday make me so much more thankful for the good days! And, thank God, today is going much better...As Taylor lays beside me on the bed watching The Grinch. (Yes, that's right- The Grinch. How much we love Christmas and how often we watch Christmas movies year round around here is a whole new post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment