I think it is pretty obvious that I am not really great at being consistent at this blogging. We have been so busy and it seems like I haven't had time to sit at my computer for even 5 minutes lately! I can't believe the month of December is almost over. I can say that we have thoroughly enjoyed it though- even though we have had some rough patches. The time with my family has been great!
Blakely Kate is the name we are leaning towards for baby girl #3. She is 25 weeks now! I can already tell, she is going to be fiesty. She moves and kicks so much more than either of my other girls did. My favorite thing about being pregnant is watching my stomach as the baby moves and she is constantly active in there. Allie and Taylor are so excited about her. They are constantly talking to her and trying to feel her kicking. It has been really fun watching them get so excited about her.
Earlier this month, we had a scare concerning her health. Each time I have been pregnant, my body does not make enough amniotic fluid and so my fluid always borderlines on too low. For this reason, I have to see a specialist while pregnant. Earlier in the month when I went to see the specialist to have my fluid checked, they found a pericardial effusion on Blakely's heart. My doctor advised me that we would just watch it and see if it got better, worse, or healed itself. Well, with this news I went home and immediately started googling what this pericardial effusion could mean for her future health...bad idea. Everything I read was really bad news- completely unthinkable actually. Things like congestive heart failure or dying in the womb because her heart would not be able to pump blood fast enough. Wow- so that led to much worrying and praying. This past Monday I finally had my two week followup appointment (Those two weeks seemed like an eternity!) We found out on Monday that much of the fluid around the heart had resolved on its own and her heart structurally looked great. That was the best news I could have asked for and we were so grateful! The fluid had not totally resolved but my doctor assured me that at this point it was not enough fluid to worry about. We are going to continue to monitor it until the end of the pregnancy but I left on Monday feeling much better about her health- and that is something that can NEVER be taken for granted! We are getting so excited about meeting her. March just seems like an eternity away!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the name Blakely Kate! And I am so glad that you guys got such an encouraging report. We will continue praying for you that everything continues looking good. Much love, and can't wait to meet her.
ReplyDelete