One thing I absolutely love is listening to my kids sweet prayers every night at bedtime. Yesterday Allie was asking me why God does not answer our prayers sometimes. She thinks God is not listening to her because she has been praying for a long time that our house will sell and it hasn't yet. I explained to her that God knows what is going to happen tomorrow, the next day and the next day in our life and we don't know what is in the future so while sometimes we really want something, God knows it is not best for us at that time. We discussed all of this and that this is why it is really important to talk to God daily and try to let him lead us in our decisions. I guess she put some thought into this throughout the day because at bedtime her prayer went something like this:
"Dear Jesus, I just want to tell you what I want to be when I grow up because I know you are in charge of what happens in our life so I just want to tell you I really want to be an artist. Please tell me if you will let me be an artist when you decide. "
It was really sweet and funny! I love that kid!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's so cute! I love that :)
ReplyDelete